Metricks: Turning the science of web analytics into customers, conversions, and cash for your business.
How do you measure your online success? Do you know how many potential sales you are losing because of a poorly optimised site? Can you track where your leads are coming from?
When your website first went live, you probably watched your traffic closely.
Some days the numbers went up, some days they went down… and eventually you lost interest because what did all this data really mean? You tried running some of the other reports that were available but weren’t sure what to do with the results.
The good news is that with some help from someone who can decipher the numbers (that’s us!) you can really make a positive difference to your business.
You can target new customers, you can optimise your site, and most importantly you can increase your sales.
And it’s cost effective too. In fact, we saved a client $40,000 on banner ads by implementing a $300 analytics-driven AdWords campaign.
- Google Analytics social analytics reports announced
- This week Google announced Google Analytics social analytics reports. This collection of reports show which social sites are bringing traffic to your sites and converting, which pages are shared and another excellent flow diagram. Dave Chaffey at Smart Insights had beta access to these reports and has a great review on what social analytics mean Now these […] Read more – ‘Google Analytics social analytics reports announced’.
- Keywords report in the new Google Analytics
- Where to find the Keywords report in the new Google Analytics interface Traffic Sources In the menu, click Traffic Sources > Sources > Search Search overview click the overview under search, then keyword as the primary dimension under the graph Keyword report Clicking Keyword brings up the keyword report. if you see (not provided), that […] Read more – ‘Keywords report in the new Google Analytics’.
- Creating a new account in Google Analytics v5
- A client recently asked how to create a new account in Google Analytics v5. It is not immediately obvious from the initial account list on the home page when you have signed in, but from March 1st 2012 the admin button like all the new Google interfaces the cog over on the right hand side represents […] Read more – ‘Creating a new account in Google Analytics v5’.